Flickr, Carissa GoodNCrazy
Did you try out my Canada Day quiz last week? Well here’s my annual 4th of July quiz – how well will you do on this one? (PS – many of these are questions on the US Citizenship Test)
1) In what State did Adolf Hitler once own 8,960 acres of land?
2) At what price did Thomas Jefferson, President and the main author of the Constitution, negotiate a deal with Napoleon to buy Louisiana?
3) Part or all of what 2 States can be reached by land only if you leave the U.S.?
4) What state in the U.S. has the smallest population?
5) Of the 5 Great Lakes, only one is located entirely inside the U.S. Which one is it?
6) In what state are diamonds mined?
7) What is the one spot in the U.S. where you could stand in 4 States at one time?
8) What State is populated with the most people per square mile?
9) In which battle did the British army surrender near Freeman’s Farm?
10) What is the only royal palace in the US?
11) What is the oldest city in the US?
12) What do the stars on the flag mean?
13) What do the stripes on the flag mean?
14) Who elects the President of the United States?
15) How many changes or amendments are there to the Constitution?
16) What is the legislative branch of the US government and what two parts is it made up of?
17) What are the 13 original states?
18) What are the 3 main requirements for eligibility to become president of the United States?
19) What rights are guaranteed by the First Amendment to the Constitution?
20) Whose rights are guaranteed by the Constitution?
21) In what year was the Constitution written?
22) In what year was Alaska admitted to the union?
23) The Star Spangled Banner began as a poem written by Francis Scott Key. He reworked the poem and set it to which piece of music?
24) What was the Peace of Paris and which countries signed it?
25) Who yelled “The British are coming, the British are coming?”
Some fun kids’ 4th of July crafts here: http://cynchronicity.wordpress.com/2011/07/01/kids-summer-fun-holiday-crafts/
And check out these recipes – they’re what speaks of American heritage to me in my family!!:
http://islandtearoom.wordpress.com/2009/07/11/fourth-of-july-recipes-chicken-and-dumplings/ http://islandtearoom.wordpress.com/2009/07/11/fourth-of-july-recipes-southern-chicken-fried-steak-with-milk-gravy/ http://islandtearoom.wordpress.com/2009/07/11/fourth-of-july-recipes-cincinnati-skyline-chili-getti/ http://islandtearoom.wordpress.com/2009/07/10/fourth-of-july-recipes-southern-fried-chicken/ http://islandtearoom.wordpress.com/2009/07/10/fourth-of-july-recipes-spaetzle/ http://islandtearoom.wordpress.com/2009/07/10/fourth-of-july-recipes-sauerbraten/ http://islandtearoom.wordpress.com/2009/07/10/fourth-of-july-recipes-german-potato-salad/